Friday, September 30, 2011

Second Full Week........

When school starts, I'm always thankful for the end of the first day.  Here we are at the end of two and a half weeks.  Amazing how quickly time goes, but also unnerving when one considers their age and the brevity of life here.  It's also amazing how we have the honor of sowing into young lives, preparing them for an uncertain future but one filled with hope.
I'm particularly thankful today for the opportunity to lead the older kids in worship and teach the Word to them.  Some listen, others wish they could escape.  We had two kids ask for prayer for healing after the lesson and that was a blessing because it was spontaneous, not because I prompted it.
We are studying Jonah.  There is so much more to Jonah than being swallowed by a fish.  I am getting a lot out of the preparation for chapel.  I've always heard that a teacher gets more out of preparation than delivery and it's quite true for me!
All the children are having a good time.  With the lower grades getting to dance and do crafts and pre-school experiencing all kinds of science and art, El Shaddai is second to none (in my humble opinion).
Gary and I couldn't be happier concerning our volunteers.  They are a blessing and a lot of fun.

No comments: